Worlds / Environments Art director
Plants Vs. Zombies : "Battle for Neighborville" is a stylized, 3rd person multiplayer shooter set in a semi open world, released for Pc, Ps4 and Xbox.
On this project, I was in charge of the art direction for all the environments (Worlds) of the game from the pre-production phase to final delivery.
My tasks included:
- Help define the visual style of the game
- Define and drive visual targets as well as look development for Worlds
- Create best practices documents, detailed styleguides and asset visual briefs
- Recruiting, ramping up and leading a team of 50+ talented artists spread across 2 continents over 3 years.
- Daily feedback, reviews and worlds team management
- Scoping , estimating and planning of all world assets, levels and production phases
- Working in close partnership with Level Design, Audio, Vfx, Cinematics, Animation, Marketing & Tech art disciplines
- Creating tons of concepts, paintovers and occasional hands-on level production.